1 egg yolk
250 g of sugar
2 tablespoons of melted butter, cooled
3 ripe persimmons (450g of flesh)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
zest of 1/2 large orange
zest of 1/2 large lemon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
300 g of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teacup of chopped walnuts
1 egg white
1. Beat the egg yolk and gradually add all the ingredients listed up to the salt.
2. When the dough is uniform, mix in the flour and baking powder.
3. Add the walnuts to the dough and then fold in the stiffly-beaten egg white with a spoon.
4. Bake at 180ºC, in a tin greased with butter and dusted with flour, for around 1 hour.
5. Turn out once cold and sprinkle with icing sugar.